Moxley's Mayhem

It's our own little crazy world; where we rule the mayhem that happens every day. We may not be perfect, we may not be rich, we may not even be technically sane, but we have each other and that's all that matters.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Scrap-down

Ok, it was a meltdown.  A really, really, totally unnecessary, tantruming two-year old meltdown.  And it was mine.  I hate to admit the fact that it was mine AND it was aimed at the boys who were trying to HELP me!  Ugh.  Bad-mom-of-the-day award is hereby humbly accepted by me!

It started out as something exciting - getting another year's worth of scrapbooking done and in it's final resting place.  I love this moment, when I get it all stuffed in the book and put it on THE SHELF -you know the one - the one that no one notices and barely glances at when they walk by.  But still they are done and I am finally catching up - there is no greater feeling!

So as with the last scrapbook I had to enlist the services of one of the boys because there are so many pages that I can't hold them down and still stuff more in - I only have 2 hands!!!  (it's an old wives tale that mom's have 4 -8 hands!) Well, to say the least it wasn't going very well and I was starting to loose it.  I barked at the boys to "Back away" and took a deep breath.  One of those breaths that whispers in your ear that you being totally stupid and you need to settle down.

So I TRIED to settle down.  But it didn't work out very well.  By try 4 or 5 (in a moment like that I tend to loose count) I had all three on the floor with me trying to stuff the pages in.  Finally, we had all but 1 page in and then someone's finger slipped and Mt. St. Not-good-mom blew up!  I took the whole book and threw it on the floor and yelled at all of the boys to get away.

Yep, I know.  Wonderful moment.  In all the chaos and anger Kole looked at me and asked, "Why don't you just have a Part 1 and Part 2?"   I just sat there for a second laughing to myself - of all the things to bring me back to reality, it was Kole and Harry Potter.  I am betting that is where Kole got the idea of Part 1 and 2,  from HP and the Deathly Hollows movies.

And so, for the first time the Moxley Family scrapbooks has 2 books for one year!  Thanks to the boys and the ever so trustworthy Harry Potter!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment