Moxley's Mayhem

It's our own little crazy world; where we rule the mayhem that happens every day. We may not be perfect, we may not be rich, we may not even be technically sane, but we have each other and that's all that matters.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

California Gurls!

A song that makes you smile with envy, at least those of us that live in Oregon.  We'd gladly give up the sun kissed skin just to have an adequate amount of Vitamin D in our bodies; and yet all too often we are left months on end dragging ourselves through the grey Oregon weather - rain, fog, sprinkles, hail - rainy with a chance of rain.

BUT NOT FOR ME!  (Insert evil, wicked laugh)  The short, yet sunny weekend was just what I needed! I relaxed, I wrote, I ate AMAZING food, I sat out in the SUN, I even went to a movie!  It was such a great time, especially seeing my sister genuinely happy and meeting her amazing boyfriend; they reminded me how truly lucky I am to have such a great husband and three of the best boys!

So here's to the California Girls (even if one of them was only temporary)



This is Kari and I at a fancy Italian place for her Birthday, her sweet boyfriend took this picture with his iphone (I may have to get one just for the camera!) which is why we look like we are laughing - because that thing has one heck of a flash, we were blinded for about an hour after he made us take two different shots!!


San Diego is beautiful isn't it?  (Okay, I cheated!  I stole this from my sister, we were out having fun during all the sunsets so I didn't get a chance to get a shot like this!)

And yes, I have said my temporary farewells to the beautiful weather - at least until next year when I sneak down there again!!

PS - Kole read this and insisted that I change the spelling of the title to match the Katy Perry song!  Too funny!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh to get away. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week I will be a Mexico Muchacha! Can't wait to sink my toes into the warm sand!!! Such a FUN get-a-way for you! Did you know our sister's even spell their names the same?!? Well, they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely trip. I enjoyed getting to you a little better last night at book club - what a fun discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun, glad I came back in time to be there!!

    ReplyDelete